Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 23 January 2011

The joys of archiving

My London Marathon training ground to a halt again this weekend after training every day since 27 December. On Friday afternoon I finally had a tooth extracted that  has been troubling me since the last London Marathon and I wanted to avoid the problem that the island's most famous sportsman encountered after dental treatment.

So my volume of scanning old photographs has increased, although most of them are personal rather than sporting.

But this morning a stumbled upon a CD of photos that I think was from 2000. It was taken on my last camera before I went digital and there are a batch of photos from a cross country race. I think it is at Poulson Park in Castletown. Somebody else must have used my camera as I am on one of the photos. The only one I remember is of Andy Fox that I have used in the past - perhaps I gave the prints away of Steve Partington, Keith Callister, Chris Quine, Tony Rowley etc.

Anyway for now, here is one of Gianni Epifani.

All of these photos will eventually appear on a new photo website I am setting up which has been  using  most of the bandwidth on our internet connection.

No comments: