Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 7 November 2013

All fired up


Its not every day that you see a hotel room where you slept a month ago go up in smoke. 

The last time I saw pictures of a fire on the Isle of Man quite like the one at the Mount Murray Hotel it was the terrible day at Summerland 40 years ago. Thank goodness that nobody was badly hurt today.

Thoughts quickly turned to spending the weekend at the hotel less than five weeks ago.

One of the guests at our party on the second night was my old class teacher, Alan Postlethwaite, pictured above with his wife Linda and myself by Mike Lambden.

It said something about the profile of the guests that we included three athletes in the guest list from Northern AC and the average age was 62! 

I've just published another photo of Alan on the www.manxathletics.com website -  running so well as a 66 year old is a motivation for me as I am 9 years younger.

I've always written flattering reports about Possie. If only he reciprocated: 

Look what somebody said about me in 1974:


I've been all fired up tonight building up a head of steam with my exchanges of views with Allan Thomson on Facebook about the steam railway line to Ramsey.


No comments: