Search Murray's blogs

Friday 14 November 2008

More travel

I've had less time and, perhaps if the truth be told, less enthusiasm for the website during the past couple of weeks.

I had a great night in Manchester to see Queen and Paul Rogers and stayed in a great hotel. A Manx couple I only met the day before were sitting behind us in the MEN Arena!

I started doing some housekeeping on my computer last weekend and overran on that. I run so many different programs on my PC and the various updates always create shortcuts and folders in places I don't mean them to. With the best will in the world, during the periods when I rush to get photos on soon after the event I end up with videos, photos and other files in places I don't mean them to be. Good organisation is important if I am going to produce the website so the time was well spent - although I didn't think so at one point when the PC crashed and had to go back to restore point that was well short of where it should have been.

I was looking forward to the cross country on Sunday although I found it hard work when I have done so few miles recently. The fact that I ran meant that I couldn't take photos so the website coverage was less detailed than sometimes.

My employers have had a board meeting this week so work has been busy and we had a dinner on Tuesday night that prevented me attending the Manx Harriers AGM.

The most important event for me, however, has been Robbie's attendance at a special college in Sunderland during the past couple of days. Marie took him away on Wednesday and came back yesterday and this took priority for me over Island Games fundraising. Its a massive step for him to even travel for the assessment and I am off to the airport shortly to fly to Newcastle. I collect Robbie this afternoon before flying back to the Isle of Man via Dublin tomorrow morning.

So its another airport hotel tonight and my fifth trip in seven weeks. I would swap them all for one proper holiday!

I had thought about running in the Hill Race tomorrow but it was always going to be a tight schedule. But this week has also seen me with a few asthma problems as well so I am going to try and get fit before racing too much.

So I hope to take some photos tomorrow afternoon but at the very least I will be using other people's to feature the Isle of Man Bank Hill Running and Junior Fell Running Championships.

Although the website has been a lower priority in the past week I have continued to tweak it every day and I still take pride in ensuring that the links are usually current. Please bear in mind that I won't be in a position to update the site tomorrow morning with "Hill Race Today" as I am more likely to be receiving insults from Ryanair crew as I take Robbie from Newcastle to Dublin at that time.

Finally, although I try to make it easy by reviewing the other Manx sites and linking to their updates, don't forget to use the navigation bar on the left to check out all the other excellent Manx sites.

No comments: