Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 5 November 2008

Dublin, Manchester & Sunderland

I have a week off work this week and I'm trying to avoid using all the extra time on websites and only failing slightly.

The early morning of Monday was spent more or less rounding off coverage of the Syd Quirk Half Marathon before setting off for a day trip to Dublin. It was Robbie's 23rd birthday and it was the first time for nearly three years that he had been on a plane. He was really keen to visit Dublin Zoo and what a great day we had. I'm ashamed to say that despite the Isle of Man's proximity to Ireland, the five hours or so that we spent on Irish soil, together with a similar number of hours in Dublin on a Steam Packet day trip in my youth, and an even shorter visit to Belfast a year or so earlier, is the sum of the time I have spent there. I hope to rectify that in the years ahead.

Yesterday morning I spent an hour or so tidying the website up and although I had a very pleasant day I didn't get many of my tasks I had set for the day completed. After watching Chelsea retain their lead at the top of the Champions League last night and, for some reason not wanting to watch any of the post match analysis, I set about hurriedly designing a brand new website at around 10 pm last night. It is my brother Mike's 60h birthday today and, at the last minute I decided to make a website with some old family pictures. The result of my two hour website is at www.lambden.info you might recognise the template.

I've just added a feature about Lloyd Taggart to the www.manxathletics.com website and tried to use it to promote the Isle of Man Bank Fell Running Championships next Saturday. It will remain as the main feature for at least the next 36 hours as in a couple of hours I am off to Manchester with Marie to see Queen & Paul Rogers at the MEN Arena tonight. Its only the third night this year that Marie and I have been able to spend off the Island together and the first time that we have ever left Robbie in charge at home. For a change I am not taking my laptop with me.

Sunderland is at the end of next week.

No comments: