Search Murray's blogs

Monday 24 November 2008

54 issues of Athletics Weekly in one day

Although I always open my copy of Athletics Weekly on the day it arrives, I rarely have time to read very much at the time. But I never throw them out until I have been through them all making the odd note or scanning pages.

I've fallen well behind and this weekend (partly to try and tidy the house up a bit) I read over a year's worth in one go. What is interesting when you do such a thing is reading about all the hopes and aspirations of the top athletes at the start of the year and then seeing what they actually achieved. The Olympic team would have a lot more medals if the quotes had turned into reality.

Although Keith Gerrard was performing well last winter, it was quite noticeable that he was beaten my a few athletes that he has beaten in the early stages of this winter.

I've collected a little bit of fodder to use on the website in the coming days and months and the recycling bin is overflowing once again. But I didn't find time to make a front page story last night. Neither did I make any visible progress with the Parish Walk site although my brain has been occupied with lots of thoughts.

I've been subscribing to Athletics Weekly for around 29 years and I used to save all the copies until a couple of years ago.

No comments: