Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 27 June 2013

Marathon comeback

This blog has taken a break as I have been concentrating on publishing the www.parishwalk.com and its associated blog, Facebook page, photo site and videos. A real marathon if ever there was one but well worth it to try and publicise some of the wonderful achievements in the Manx Telecom Parish Walk and to try and add to the experience of everyone involved.

Its always a challenge to get the full list of all entrants since 1974 (and finishers before then) up to date but I got it finished last night. I took a break mid-evening to relieve the headache that so much screen staring had caused and we went for a walk to a place that I last visited in the days when I used to take part in the Parish Walk.

Since the main parts of Garwick Glen closed to the public I have never been sure of where you could go but there is still a lovely path from the Douglas side and we walked back up the road which emerges on the Laxey side.




Some of the Garwick Glen history can be found here - http://www.isleofman.com/places/countryside/glens/garwick-glen/

I thought I had run my last marathon but a late decision has been made for a comeback;




No comments: