Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 9 February 2014

Listening to myself


The other day I had the embarrassment of being caught talking to myself. I was on my own in the office just before going home and popped to the loo. I came out muttering to myself only to find that one of my colleagues had come back into the office.

I hope I don't talk to myself too much; maybe less than I listen to myself. I usually contradict my own advice to others and I would certainly not advise anyone to race after six days of not training due to illness. That was my position this week. I only needed to jog around to win the prize for the best over 55 year old in the Microgaming Cross Country league but I thought better of it.

So I snapped away more than 600 times and for the first time I had four video cameras in action. As usual, I messed up a part of the plan as I had zoomed in far too much on the camera by the swamp at the bottom of the field where the races start and finish.

Not competing, made it much easier to take Robbie with me today and he thoroughly getting himself muddy. At least one more day off training which gives me time to take the bus to work in the morning and to drive Ben's car back in the evening. He and Jenny have flown off for a well deserved short break after a very intense few months at work but will be returning with a rather unusual motor vehicle.


No comments: