Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 16 February 2014

I've got your number (and email address)

I lost my mobile phone on the day of the third round of the cross country league at Peel.

Not many people, these days, could last without a mobile for a few hours never mind a few weeks. My son, Ben, suggested that I didn't replace it before Christmas - in other words he was going to give me one for Christmas.

Sure enough my first smartphone, made by Chinese giants Huawei, arrived on Christmas day. Although I was grateful, I was still mastering the Microsoft Surface tablet which the same benefactor had given me jointly with Marie for my last birthday and so I didn't take the time to learn how to use it. In fact I barely sent or received a call in the first six weeks.

At last it has come to the top of my list of things to do in what spare time I have had. In the fast few days I have been merging my Outlook contacts, with Googlemail, Skype, Christmas card lists and unsorted email contacts to create a very big contact list,  about 600 people at the moment, which I have been synchronising between my phone, Google and Outlook.

I am hopeless using screens on phones and I really like this application http://mightytext.net/ - if you are near a PC or tablet you control your phone.

And with all sorts of radio, video, email and other apps on my phone I'll have to give up publishing websites to find time to use them all!


No comments: