Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 21 January 2014

What happened to the clear desk?


Well, I see that the last time I posted here I had a clear desk. That didn't last long from what I see now. I did continue my mission to tidy up and clear out drawers, wardrobes and cupboards though. Lots of running shoes and old kit went out although probably too many things were kept.

Towards the end of the week I started using a Facebook page I set up some time ago to sit alongside www.manxathletics.com and it seems to be reasonably popular. www.facebook.com/manxathletics has more than 300 "likes" already. Some way short of the well established www.facebook.com/parishwalk with nearly 2,300.

I think this is consistent with my "leader column" last week when I stressed how much more important than Facebook websites are for information about events, results and information about clubs. As a means of communication and fun it is very effective though.

It was an easy decision to miss the cross country on Sunday though. Marie's mother, Mollie Watson, had become a lot weaker during her four weeks in the Ellan Vannin home and Sunday was named as the day that she would move to the Elder Grange Nursing Home. I've been to thirty or more cross country championships and hope to be around for a few more. Most of us hope that we never have to go into a nursing home but if we have to, then it only happens once. If it happens to me, I hope there is still someone around to visit me, especially if you can't read or walk. She is just one of 80 at Elder Grange and a few hundred in the Isle of Man to be well looked after but still without a high quality of life.

No comments: